How it works
- Click 'Post a free listing" and list any machinery you don't use every day. List it with or without an operator.
- In the listing, you set the rental price, security deposit required and the amount it needs to be insured for.
- In order to receive payments you will need to set up a Stripe account and connect it to your Farm-r account (go to Settings > Payments > Connect Stripe Account). Stripe is our payment processor and is one of the world's leading providers of secure online payment systems. All payments made to you will be transferred into your Stripe account for free, from there you can transfer your funds into your bank account.
- You will receive requests to rent your machine by email. Check you're happy with the dates requested, look at the renter's profile, read their reviews and click 'Accept' or 'Decline'.
- By clicking 'Accept' to a rental request, payment is transferred to you instantly.
- When the renter collects the machine, you will take their security deposit and they will give you a copy of their insurance documents proving they have adequate cover.
- Complete either the template rental agreement or an agreement of your own.
- Release the machine. A day's rental lasts 8 hours with reasonable allowance for travel before and after the hire period.
- When the machine is returned be sure to review your renter.
- Browse the listings using the search bar and the category buttons. View them in grid, list or map format.
- Within a listing you can ask a machine owner any question you like by clicking 'Contact'.
- When you've chosen a machine, select the dates you need it and click 'Request to rent'.
- At the checkout, enter your card details and click 'Confirm', this validates your payment but no payment is taken at this stage.
- Payment is only taken when the renter clicks 'Accept' to your rental request. You will be kept informed by in-app notifications in your Farm-r Inbox so keep checking. If your rental request is declined or you haven't had a response within 3 days, no payment is taken.
- When you collect a machine, give the owner a copy of your insurance documents proving that you have adequate cover and fill in their rental agreement.
- A day's rental last 8 hours with reasonable allowance for travel before and after the hire period.
- Before you return the machine make it nice and clean so you get a great review.
Q. What about insurance?
A. In a listing, owners state the value a machine needs to be insured for and renters must show proof that they have adequate insurance at collection.
Your tractor policy will usually cover you for anything you tow or the implements you use so that's trailers, ploughs and grabs covered!
General farm policies often have an amount of 'hired-in' machinery cover already included, again simple!
If you don't have these or the machine exceeds the value of your cover then you can easily obtain temporary insurance for the hire period from your insurer.