How it works
1. Sign up
Create a free account in seconds by clicking 'Sign up'.
- Click the button and complete the request form.
- Machine owner is emailed a rental request.
- If the owner clicks 'accept' in the email the rental or contracting service can commence on the date booked.
- The owner will invoice the renter once the job is complete. The renter must pay the owner within the their payment terms.
- Click the button and go to the checkout page.
- Enter your card details to pre-authorise payment (no payment taken yet).
- Machine owner is emailed a rental request.
- Payment is transferred to the owner if they click 'accept' in the email.
- A refund will be given if the rental does not go ahead.
- Click 'Post a free listing" and list any machinery you don't use every day. List it with or without an operator.
- In the listing, you set the rental price, security deposit required and the amount it needs to be insured for.
- In order to allow renters to Book Now & Pay Later all you need to do is select that option when making a listing. Once the rental or contracting service is complete you simply invoice the renter as usual using your own invoicing system.
- If you wish to allow renters to Book Now and Pre-Pay you need to connect your bank account to our payment system. You will need to set up a Stripe account, this allows people to pay you securely by credit or debit card. Go to Settings > Payments > Connect Stripe Account. Stripe is our payment processor and is one of the world's leading providers of secure online payment systems. All payments made to you will be transferred from the renter into your Stripe account for free, from there you can transfer your funds into your bank account. Farm-r does not have access to your bank account information at any time.
- You will receive requests to rent your machine or service by email. Check you're happy with the dates requested, look at the renter's profile, read their reviews and click 'Accept' or 'Decline'.
- If the renter opted to Pre Pay, payment will be transferred as soon as you click 'Accept' to a rental request. If they opted Pay Later you need to send them a normal invoice once the job is complete. In this instance you handle credit control and collection yourself.
- When the renter collects the machine, you will take their security deposit and they will give you a copy of their insurance documents proving they have adequate cover.
- Complete either the template rental agreement or an agreement of your own.
- Release the machine. A day's rental lasts 8 hours with reasonable allowance for travel before and after the hire period.
- When the machine is returned be sure to review your renter.
- Browse the listings using the search bar and the category buttons. View them in grid, list or map format.
- Within a listing you can ask a machine owner any question you like by clicking 'Contact'.
- When you've chosen a machine, select the dates you need it and click 'Request to rent'.
- At the checkout, enter your card details and click 'Confirm', this validates your payment but no payment is taken at this stage.
- Payment is only taken when the renter clicks 'Accept' to your rental request. You will be kept informed by in-app notifications in your Farm-r Inbox so keep checking. If your rental request is declined or you haven't had a response within 3 days, no payment is taken.
- When you collect a machine, give the owner a copy of your insurance documents proving that you have adequate cover and fill in their rental agreement.
- A day's rental last 8 hours with reasonable allowance for travel before and after the hire period.
- Before you return the machine make it nice and clean so you get a great review.
We require that members have three types of insurance in order to rent-out or rent-in machinery or services on Farm-r.
We require members to have:
-Employer Liability Insurance
-Public Liability Insurance, minimum £5m
-Tractor Insurance Policy (covering most agricultural machinery and implements)
-It is also required that insurance cover extents to specific activities you intend to carry out, as required e.g. Spraying
Here is a handy Insurance Checklist for your convenience:
1. Have I notified my Insurer of activity on the Farm-r platform or a Machinery Ring that is a member of Farm-r?
2. Have they accepted the risk?
3. Have I received formal acknowledgement of this acceptance?
4. Can I engage upon work involving spraying?
5. Do I have comprehensive cover on equipment?
6. Do I have comprehensive detached cover on equipment unspecified?
7. Do I need/have extensions to Public and Employer’s Liability?
8. Do I have any restrictions, excesses etc?
9. Do I have a minimum £5m Indemnity under Public Liability?
HEALTH AND SAFETY
THE POSITION OF FARM-R OR MACHINERY RINGS UNDER HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS
Farm-r and Machinery Rings do not have duties in relation to those of either an employer, a hirer or as an employment agency under Employers Liability Compulsory Insurance Regulations or other Health & Safety Regulations. They act simply as an organisation facilitating the actions of others in hiring out machines and labour. This being the case, responsibilities for the above regulations lie between the two members involved in a transaction, not the Farm-r.
In relation to machinery safety the Owner is treated by HSE in the same way as a person hiring out machinery.
In relation to Health & Safety of labour, the duties will vary according to the level of control either party has: i.e. receivers duties range from those of an employer at one extreme to, at the other extreme, those of any employer/self employed person towards any other person working on his premises who is not their employee,